A. Membership in Cardon Studios entitles each student weekly access to a set appointment time. This lesson time will be available to the student each and every week, with the exceptions only of weather-related emergency or the following holidays: Christmas Day, Christmas Eve, New Year’s Day, New Year’s Eve, Thanksgiving, Easter Sunday, Independence Day, Memorial Day, and Labor Day. In cases of Teacher Conflict for illness, performance obligation or otherwise, a qualified substitute teacher will be arranged and prepared by the student’s primary teacher in order to support continued growth and learning without interruption (students may reasonably expect their primary teacher to be present for at least 10 out of every 12 lessons). Lesson Materials are included (one set of method books per every three months, up to one single song sheet music selection per month by request).
In addition to a recurring weekly private appointment with a specialist music teacher, students will have access to monthly Master Classes in order to benefit from the expertise of Cardon Studios’ entire teaching staff. There is no additional charge to attend each month’s Master Class.
Cardon Studios hosts four Student Showcase events yearly. Currently enrolled students (who receive the approval of their teacher) are encouraged to perform in up to two Showcases yearly without additional recital fee.
A. Monthly Membership Fees are as follows:
1. Basic Membership, $175 monthly: One 25-minute lesson per week, access to monthly Master Classes, and opportunity to perform in up to two of four yearly recitals without charge (additional performance opportunities are available at $60/event). Any necessary sheet music or method books are included.
2. Advanced Membership, $275 monthly: One 50-minute lesson per week, access to monthly Master Classes, and opportunity to perform in up to two of four yearly recitals without charge (additional performance opportunities are available at $60/event). Any necessary sheet music or method books are included.
3. Family/Dual Membership: Families who enroll more than one student will receive 10% off of each membership package. Individual Students have the option to enroll in two basic memberships (i.e. Piano and Guitar) at a discount of 10% each membership.
4. Semester Discount: Students who wish to pay for a full quarter of lessons (3 months at once) will receive a 5% discount.
B. Single Lessons may be purchased within one week of the an available lesson opening. A 25min single lesson is priced at $50; 50min, $80.
C. Money Back Guarantee: If a student is unsatisfied following their first lesson, simply contact Cardon Studios by email to email@example.com within 72 hours of the lesson. Cardon Studios reserves the right to alter the membership arrangement in an effort to remedy any concerns. If an adjustment is not possible or not accepted by the student, a complete refund will be provided.
B. All lessons are to be paid in full on the first day of each month.
1. Upon registration, all Students must submit valid credit card information for automatic processing of monthly tuition.
2. Monthly lesson tuition will be processed to the card on file on the same day of each month.
a. Failed payments will be re-attempted daily; any outstanding invoices which are five days beyond the due date will have a 10% late fee applied. Any future lesson appointments will be cancelled when a student has an outstanding balance which is fifteen or more days overdue. Every subsequent fifteen days, an additional 10% late fee will be applied, up to a maximum of $100. Seriously delinquent accounts may be sent to collections.
b. Future billing may be cancelled given 15 days’ written notice. Students who wish to end their membership with Cardon Studios should submit their request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
IV. Student Responsibilities
A. In scheduling a weekly lesson time, students agree to adhere to the following requirements:
1. Attendance: Student agrees to practice regularly as appropriate to personal level of development. Upon enrollment into Cardon Studios Membership, the student accepts the commitment to arrive prepared for each weekly lesson. Student Commitment is necessary for advancement and to provide a return on your investments of both time and money. If a student is fails to attend at least half of each month’s lessons, their membership will be cancelled and their weekly recurring appointment time will be released to other students.
a. Students who must be away for more than two weeks of the month have the option to pause their membership for the month by paying a hold deposit equal to 40% of their monthly membership package. Upon resuming lessons, the deposit will be applied to the student’s standard package for their first month, minus a $35 convenience fee.
2. Preparation: Students will arrive at lessons promptly and ready to begin. Lesson end times are set and extra time will not be allowed for lateness. Students will bring all necessary materials to each lesson (materials include lesson books, recording device, pencil, water, or anything else necessary to ensure effective learning and student success). In addition to punctuality, it is also highly recommended for singers to arrive well-rested and having avoided external influences that have a negative effect on the voice, i.e. shouting, caffeine, alcohol, etc.
3. Cardon Studios is not able to guarantee rescheduling, but will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests given a minimum of 48 hours’ advance notice. Students may request rescheduling for one out of every twelve weekly sessions; rescheduling more often is not conducive to student learning and will not be possible. Make-up lessons may be offered with alternate teachers, depending on instructor availability at the present time.
B. Cardon Studios reserves the right to discontinue lessons upon the repeated occurrence of ill-preparedness, difficulty receiving payment in a timely manner, or other circumstances which hinder the creation of a positive learning environment for all students.
V. Additional Services
A. Group Classes: Offered on the Third Friday of each Month, free Intro Group classes in Voice or Guitar provide prospective students a firsthand glimpse into our studio and what they can expect from private lessons. Email email@example.com to be added to the next available session.
B. Vocal Coaching: For Singing students who are ready to take their musical exploration beyond simple notes, rhythms, and technique, Vocal Coaching can help unlock musical ideas such as phrasing and effective dynamic impact to broaden dramatic expression. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a private coaching with a pianist.
C. Rehearsal with Accompanist: Included in membership for those students who are approved to perform in Student Showcases, Rehearsal will an accompanist may be scheduled as needed to help with audition preparation or similar. Rehearsals will be billed at the standard $50/single lesson rate.
D. Songwriting Classes: Scheduled as a recurring weekly lesson, Songwriting instruction may be purchased as a single student membership under our usual rate, or as a shared lesson for two to three students as a discounted rate. If interested in a semi-private Songwriting class, some pre-requisites will be required. Please email email@example.com to determine if this option is a good fit for you.
E. Acting Classes: Offered at varying times throughout the year, both as a stand-alone workshop or a four-week course, Acting Classes are appropriate for students of all levels. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for information about the next available session.